PAN card has now been made of almost importance. It has become compulsory for businessmen earning more than 5 lacs a year. Even a lot of sites now ask for PAN number before proceeding with the payment. If you want to check PAN card status online, you will know how you can do so by the time you finish reading this article. But, before that, let us first know what a PAN card is and how you can apply for PAN card online.
- How to Change Info Using PAN Card Correction Form
- What are NSDL and UTI? What is The Difference Between Them?
- How Permanent Account Number (PAN) is Made!
What is A Pan Card?
PAN card or a permanent account number is a unique 10-digit alphanumeric code that is specially made for taxpayers. In 1962, under the supervision of CBDT, the income tax department and the judicial members founded the PAN code. A PAN card is basically a unique identifier if you’re an Indian. This serves as an identification proof.
A PAN code is made up of 10 alphanumeric characters including first 5 letters, then 4 numbers and a letter again at the end.
How to Apply for a PAN Card?
A PAN card is really important if you are 18 or above. So, if you’re someone who doesn’t already have one, you can apply for a new PAN card and get one for yourself.
To do so, you can go to NSDL or UTI website and fill up a short form. You’ll need to enter all your mandatory details in the form. Also, keep a copy of address proof, birth certificate and identity proof handy. You’ll need it while filling up the form.
No matter where you fill the form from, both, UTI and NSD have an almost similar form to be filled. Once you have filled up the form, you can check PAN card status. If you don’t know the process of checking the status, we’ll tell it to you.
How to Check PAN Card Status?
After you’ve filled the form and want to check the status of your PAN card, you can do so by visiting the UTI/NSDL official website
Check NSDL PAN Card Status
- Go to the official website of NSDL i.e. nsdl.com
- Now, look for the option to track PAN card status. Now, click on it and enter your details.
- You’ll need to select your applicant type. If you’re a new registrant, select “new” and if you’re someone who wants to modify PAN card details, click on “change request”.
- Now, enter your acknowledgment number or name. Either of them is enough.
- You will now be required to enter the name that you’ve used while registering them in the form.
- At last, enter your date of birth/Association/foundation/Company and click on “submit”.
After you’ve clicked on “submit”, you can see a window that will show you the status of your PAN card. You can see all the details such as the date when your PAN card was delivered, the courier that had delivered it and the bill number.
Why Do You Need a PAN Card?
The very first question that might have popped in your mind is, “why do I need a Pan card?” Or, am I eligible for a PAN card? Here’s your answer.
If you’re a businessman or even someone who does huge transactions, a PAN card is a must for you. PAN card is required if you want to furnish your returns. Every taxpayer or a businessman making transactions must have it. It is a unique identification proof and is compulsory for someone who pays tax.
How to Apply for a PAN Card Correction Form?
There are instances when people need corrections in their PAN card. Sometimes it happens when a girl marries and wants to get her name changed later and sometimes it is required just because there was an error in your PAN card details In such cases, you can always fill up a PAN card correction form and get all the corrections done in your PAN card.
Apart from such instances, sometimes the pan card gets lost or gets damaged. In such instances, you need to apply for a new PAN card.
You’ll have to enter the same details while applying for a new one as you entered in the previous one. After you fill the Pan card application form, you can track PAN card status.
PAN Card Verification – How to verify Pan Card Online?
After you’ve got your PAN card, it is very important to verify it. There are basically two methods you can verify PAN card online with.
- By PAN number:- You’ll need to enter your Pan card number in order to verify PAN card online.
- By Name:- In this method, you’ll just have to enter your name and date of birth. So even if you forgot PAN number, you can verify it through name and DOB.